> A trivial question: Is it better to wait 1.0 for me to learn django?

In my opinion, NO. Why wait for 1.0? If you are learning Django you
have two choices: use an official release or stay with the trunk.

I'm using the trunk since I'm using Django, and I never had problems.
However I must say that each time I do an svn up I always feel the fear
that something breaks. But it is just a personal problem, I repeat that
I never had any kind of unpleasant situation. If you choose for the
trunk be sure to read
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/BackwardsIncompatibleChanges .

Anyway, now I would choose stable releases. It is supposed, for the
most of the times, that someone that is learning Django isn't
interested in the bleeding edges features, and maybe it's better to
have them in the next official release, in all their reliability.

Do you want a diff from the current Django release and 1.0? Look here:
http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/api_stability/

Paolo

P.S.
Please, next time could you please create a dedicated thread when ask
different questions? Thanks.