On 9/8/06, Wade Leftwich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ned Batchelder wrote:
> > Why not use the existing Python Cheeseshop
> > (http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi) for this?  Advantages:
> >
> > 1) You don't have to build anything, it's already there.
> > 2) More visibility for Django: with a Django-specific repository, only
> > Django developers will see the packages.  In the cheeseshop, all Python
> > developers will see the packages, and could find Django through a
> > contributed package, rather than the other way around.
> > 3) The energy we'd put into a Django-only repository could instead be
> > used to further the cause of the cheeseshop.
> >
> > --Ned.
> >

> Plus: easy_install will find your eggs in the cheeseshop.
> (It has no cheese, but lots of eggs.)
>
> -- Wade

Because pypi is not a real repository, but maybe very similar with
what we want the django-repository should be first. I don't know what
django-spec repository will be like ultimately, but I think if we
setup the repository ourselvs, we can do anything we want, but for
pypi, we cannot.

And even if we setup our own django-spec repository, we can still
submit new version information of django stuffs to pypi, no one would
say that's impossible.

--
I like python!
My Blog: http://www.donews.net/limodou