You say "difficulties" and "fails" but you don't say what that means. Do
you have a stack trace or an error message?

I'm not much of an Apache user, but if I'm not mistaken the consensus there
is that mod_wsgi is the best way to go. Therefore I would focus on that
rather than mod_fcgi.

I'm cross-posting this answer since you cross-posted the question, but it
would probably be best to stick with the general django list unless/until
you're asking about something satchmo-specific.

Hope that helps,

--Stuart