On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM, rmschne <rmsc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have made no changes to settings.py. Honest.  I'm running Django 1.4.0
> alpha.

Why alpha rather than the released version? Not that I think it has
anything to do with the problem, it just seems odd to stick with an alpha
level after the official release is available.

> The variable TEMPLATE_DIRS is pointing to a folder which exists and the
> template 'directory.html' i wish to load in in that
> folder, /Users/rmschne/Documents/source/django/projects/socmgmt/templates/.
>  My ID has appropriate permissions (running on Mac OS/X).
>
> All of the sudden today (and it worked  a few days ago), I get
> "TemplateDoesNotExist" error.  This happens for any of the templates I try
> to load.
>
> Frankly, I'm at a kinda loss as to where to start debugging this since
> everything looks ok and I don't recall making any changes that would be
> relevants.

With DEBUG on the template loader post mortem on the debug page should give
some clues.  What does it say?

Karen
--
http://tracey.org/kmt/