On Aug 5, 5:30 pm, Sean O'Brian <chuw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm using Django CMS for a few of weeks and I like it. But there's one
> problem, which I already ran into: I can't extend Page model easily.
> I found one tutorial<http://ilian.i-n-i.org/extending-django-cms-page-model/>,
> but this not seem to be very developer-friendly and author said that it's
> produces overwhelming SQL queries.
> There's a lot of comparisons in the web, but most of them are old, and as I
> noticed on github, the main competitors (FeinCMS and Mezzazine) was
> actively developed last months.
> Can you advice a mature and extensible CMS? The main requirement is
> extending pages, for avatars for example.

Hi Sean,

I'm the lead developer of Mezzanine. I can't offer too much of a
comparison as I'm only very familiar with Mezzanine itself, but
extending Mezzanine's Page model is a foundational concept in
Mezzanine - one that it's specifically designed to do. Have a read
here for more info:

http://mezzanine.jupo.org/docs/content-architecture.html#creating-custom-content-types

If you have any further questions about Mezzanine, please hit up the
mailing list:

https://groups.google.com/group/mezzanine-users

Cheers,
Steve