Hi there,

The Django site I'm working on at the moment sends out emails when
content is created/updated, using django-notifications.

A feature I would like to add is where users can reply to these mails,
ie comment on a topic. This reply then appears updated on the site.

I've already written something that does this, but it's very application
specific.

Ideally it would be done in a generic way (as its own app), with
something in the admin interface to set up the email account, and then
maybe a list of ordered filters to pass over the email and consequently
generate various model instances.

Has this already been done? Does my google-fu escape me? If it hasn't
already been done, why not? And are there any modules out there that can
be dropped in to speed development? Any tips on developing this app?

Thanks,

Paul