Thanks Melvyn,

To be honest I would be willing to purchase a widget if there was one. iw ill look into the list you have sent me.

On another note, Simone mentioned to extend the Formset in order to run my own dropdown solution.

I was just looking at the modelformset_factory class and - surpise surprise - it accepts a formfield_callback parameter, which could solve my dilemma.

I have used callbacks previously within a form to set localized to True:

class CallsForm(ModelForm):

    def contact_date_callback(self, field, **kwargs) :

        return field.contact_date(localize=True, **kwargs)

But I have no idea how to use it from view

formset_type = modelformset_factory(SalesItem, form=SalesItemFSForm, extra=0,
formfield_callback=???? )

Do you happen to know how to use it?

If I was able to set the queryset for the sales_item field in that callback, I wouldn't have to extend the factory at all.

Many Thanks,
Houman