I'm trying the search-api backend [1] but this seems to be "stop", it is true? becouse it is a nice idea and I want to contribuite with the project, I'm using Xapian as backend, and I'll follow "alone" with the project sending any changes to the list of Merquery [2].

I'll use the branch search-api [3]

Thanks

[1] - http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/TextIndexingAbstractionLayer
[2] - http://groups.google.com/group/merquery