On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 1:44:22 AM UTC-3, Jon Blake wrote:

> Thanks, Patrick. My reference to utils.py should have been to urls.py,
> which I have in my mysite app package.
>
> I'm seeing this import error on mysite.urls when I'm attempting to get
> Apache + mod_wsgi to serve my app. I don't remember seeing this error with
> the development server when I first tried out the tutorials. Probably got
> my configs wrong, somewhere in my second try.
>
> I'll start a new app, now that I know a little bit more about how this all
> works. It's a steep learning curve!

It will get better. At one point, I found that the biggest problem I was
having that I was expecting things to be harder than they actually were.

You might want to also take a look at the tutorials
at: http://lightbird.net/dbe/

They were written for Django 1.2, but should still work in Django 1.4 and
get you to build other types of apps, so you'll get more insight into what
Django has to offer.