I use something like that... i mean, for example if /foo/bar must to
execute with django the url must to be example.com/site.wsgi/foo/bar
(continue with the example of serverfault)... if you follow
example.com/foo/bar apache use your statics files.

(this part of my production virtualhost)

WSGIDaemonProcess domain.com processes=2 threads=15 display-name=%{GROUP}
WSGIProcessGroup domain.com
WSGIScriptAlias /dj /home/path/to/site/django/wsgi/django.wsgi

Alias /media/ /home/path/to/site/django/src/project/media/
Alias /static/admin/ /home/path/to/site/django/src/project/static/admin/

(End Virtualhost example)

Following my example i have an urlconf to see news:
url( r'^/news/', 'news-site' ),

but clients must to put http://www.mydomain.com/dj/news/  so apache
see that you put /dj in yours url... so execute django.wsgi... urlconf
see news in the url so execute news-site view.

Sorry about my english i hope that help you

--
Rafael E. Ferrero
Claro: (03562) 15514856