Yeah, this debate is borderline silly now.

OP, in a nut shell;

1) It is completely acceptable to revoke all other sessions after a
password change
2) There are many ways to revoke sessions, pick one that is right for your
use case.
3) Whether session revoking is enforced or optional is a choice for you.

Hope this helps!

Cal