Hello guys,
I'm in the process of migrating from self managed MySQL DB to Xeround cloud
database and would like to synchronize my objects. The sync is only in one
direction: OLD DB -> NEW DB, then switch to the new DB entirely.

South mentions data migrations which are in fact data transformations.
Nothing like objects sync there. I'm also puzzled by the section
"Converting other installations and servers" in their docs but I guess I
will have to experiment. I have only one DB server but many workers with
the same code accessing it.

django-synchro looks promissing but depends on django-dbsettings which has
some issues with cache backends (I have a custom cache backend and this
smells like a trouble). It also has issues with objects.update() which I
have used a lot in my code.

This type of sync operation can also easily be used for local backup or
some multiple DB servers setup where synchronization is done above the DB
level.

What are your recommendations? What have you tried yourself?

Thanks,
Alex