I know there are DBMS-specific ways of doing this. I know that there
are Django ways of making fields read-only. What I cannot find is a
way to make a table/model append-only.

It'd be great if this were at the DB level, so I don't have to rely on
my code not having any holes that allow edits. I don't know of a RDBMS-
neutral way of doing this. I'm using sqlite for testing (which appears
to have no such feature).

Is there a clean, "Django way" of doing this? I'll put my trust in
Django to prevent subsequent updates if I have to.

Just to clarify: I want for (all) users to be able to insert rows, but
not make edits after the fact (like you might want to do with logs,
but that's not the use case.)

Thank you!