Hi,

I have been wondering where people put their non-app-specific static files
in their django projects?  For example, the base css file that applies to
all pages across the project or perhaps the jquery file?

Currently I have the following structure:

.
├── app
│   ├── __init__.py
│   ├── models.py
│   ├── static
│   │   └── app
│   │       ├── css
│   │       ├── img
│   │       └── js
│   ├── templates
│   │   └── app
│   ├── tests.py
│   └── views.py
├── manage.py
└── mysite
    ├── __init__.py
    ├── settings.py
    ├── static
    ├── templates
    ├── urls.py
    └── wsgi.py

My STATIC_ROOT setting points to the ./mysite/static directory as this is
where I would like collectstatic to dump all the static files for
deployment, however this is also the obvious place (for me anyway) to place
non-app-specific static files as they apply to the project as a whole like
the templates directory at this level.

Does any one have any input on this?

Thanks,

Ryan