Hi. I've used django-nonrel for interfacing with the Google datastore on
appengine and I use mongoengine for the rest. I guess mongoengine is the
recommended way to work with mongodb on django. I've set up a small
example, a Twitter clone that uses mongoengine. The app can be deployed on
OpenShift, but the source should give you a clear view of what's going on.
Check it out
here<https://github.com/yati-sagade/django-mongo-twt/tree/master/wsgi/openshift>.
The app is called twtapp. Look into settings.py to see how the mongodb
connection is established there. Then take a took at twtapp/documents.py to
see how to define documents (these are the mongodb equivalents of
"models"). Then hack around to see how it all works. You can also deploy
this app on openshift <https://openshift.redhat.com/app/> to see it running
in the cloud.  It really is very simple :)

Regards

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Carlos Aguilar <darkange...@gmail.com>wrote:

> You know which mongoengine and django-nonrel are 2 different libraries for
> mongodb???
>
> Please select one and use it, but not both.
>
> Best Regards
>
> --
> Carlos Aguilar
> Consultor Hardware y Software
> DWD&Solutions
> http://www.dwdandsolutions.com
> http://www.houseofsysadmin.com
> Cel: +50378735118
> USA: (301) 337-8541
>
>  --

Yati Sagade

Software Engineer at mquotient <http://www.mquotient.net/>
<http://twitter.com/yati_itay>

Twitter: @yati_itay <http://twitter.com/yati_itay> | Github:
yati-sagade<https://github.com/yati-sagade>

Organizing member of TEDx EasternMetropolitanBypass
http://www.ted.com/tedx/events/4933
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TEDx-EasternMetropolitanBypass/337763226244869