On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM, psychok7 <nun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i need to get my queue back from the worker when i need to add a new task to
> the queue (if it isn't yet executed) in order to keep a FIFO order, i read
> somewhere that i cant do that and that its not a good idea.
>
> do you have a solution? my i am just thinking about this the wrong way,
> please let me know.

Hi Nuno

Nik gave you the appropriate solution:

Use named queues with celery:
http://docs.celeryproject.org/en/latest/userguide/workers.html#queues

Start a worker process with a single worker:
http://docs.celeryproject.org/en/latest/django/first-steps-with-django.html#starting-the-worker-process

Set this worker to consume from the appropriate queue:
http://docs.celeryproject.org/en/latest/userguide/workers.html#queues-adding-consumers

There is no simple example showing exactly what you want, because it's
a little strange - normally you use celery to scale out, this
purposefully restricts the scale - so you will have to do some
investigation and trial and error.

Cheers

Tom