Hello everyone

On my current project I need a mix of builtin Django authentication and
oAuth2 sources. But when writing a custom authentication backend, when does
it get used? The docs say:

"""Once a user has authenticated, Django stores which backend was used to
authenticate the user in the user's session, and re-uses the same backend
for the duration of that session whenever access to the currently
authenticated user is needed."""

The code of ModelBackend only seems to deal with permissions. Assuming an
oAuth2 source deals with authentication my backend should only handle
permission checks?

Thanks for taking the time to answer this.

Kind regards
Michael