Hi Sparky,

I've personally been using Django for approximately 3 years now - so I'll
offer you my own opinion.

In some ways, it is the most beautiful/perfect framework currently
available.. and in other ways, it leaves a sense of disappointment and
frustration.

* Community - possibly one of the best/most helpful I've seen so far. Don't
drink the free bear though, try and help out where you can!
* Core devs - although sometimes they can seem a bit uppity, they /usually/
know what their talking about and make good decisions
* django-admin - beautiful if you want a simple staff only admin interface
for your data.. terrible if you want to make custom modifications
* Models - the main reason I love Django so much. The models 'just work',
and the query API is lovely. Still room for improvement, but so much better
than sqlalchemy
* Views - class based views are great, but I personally feel that the
pre-made TemplateView/ListView is atrocious. I always use a generic View
and build my own structure.
* Middleware and DB routers - really handy, and again it just works
* Probably tons of other little things that I forgot

There is of course some overhead and a somewhat steep learning curve
(depending on your background) in getting a base project configured, but
don't let this put you off.

Working with a framework is like any relationship... you make sacrifices..
the love you get back depends on what you put in.. and it's not just about
the end goal, it's about how you got there.

Cal