> Is this worth going? --- http://2013.djangocon.eu

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.  I've been to two DjangoCons, both have been
incredible, and have reaffirmed how proud I am to work in this industry,
and to be a part of this community.

> Who are the top blogs people within the Django community who should I be
following, blogs feed etc.

http://www.planetdjango.org/ is an aggregated news feed for Django posts.

Some folks who write regularly...

Daniel Greenfeld (aka pydanny) - http://pydanny.com/
Reinout van Rees - http://reinout.vanrees.org/weblog/
Nick Coghlan - http://www.boredomandlaziness.org/

If you haven't already I'd recommend getting yourself tapped into twitter
and follow some of the core devs and other python/django folks.

Also, a tip - I'd stay well away from the free bear.
Might look cute at first, but man, those things can get vicious.
The free beer however, does come recommended.

Cheers,

  Tom