Hi there,
I'm designing a database for an animation studio to track assets across
multiple shows.  We potentially would want each show to have its own
database, however we would want functionality to search for assets across
all shows.  I am exploring the use of django as the main framework for this
system as it would provide a nice front and back end interface that is easy
to build upon.  Is it possible in django to dynamically create a new show
database when a new show is created in the admin interface of the main
database?  How would I then get the settings.py to pick this up dynamically?

The only reference I've found is this which seems to go against the advice
of the django devs:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6585373/django-multiple-and-dynamic-databases

Is django appropriate for this purpose?  Am I approaching this all wrong?
 Thanks for your help and please forgive my limited django knowledge.

Chad