Hi, I have been struggling for two days to get a GeoDjango/PostGIS project
started and I'll appreciate any help. Thanks

== My project ==

Two virtual machines:
   Machine 1: Running Django 1.5b2
   Machine 2: Running a geospatial DB server
(postgresql-server-dev-9.1, geos-3.3.5, proj-4.8.0, postgis-2.0.2)

== My (wrong??) assumption ==

I don't need to install any geos/postgis library on Machine 1. Please let
me know if this is incorrect.

== My Problem ==

When I run:
$  manage.py validate

The result is:
ImproperlyConfigured: Could not import user-defined GEOMETRY_BACKEND "geos".

== Tring to fix this ==

In Machine 1 (where I have my Django application), I include this line in
settings.py

GEOS_LIBRARY_PATH = '/opt/geos/lib/libgeos_c.so'

But this path is the location of Geos library in Machine 2 (my DB server).
When I run $ manage.py validate, I get this error:

OSError: /opt/geos/lib/libgeos_c.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

So, may be I need some Geos libraries in Machine 1 in order to Django
communicate with PostGIS, but I'm not sure.
Any ideas?