I have the same problem, the tutorial speaks about a list of things to do:

   - Push your code up to the deployment server.
   - On the server, run
collectstatic<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/ref/contrib/staticfiles/#django-admin-collectstatic>to
 copy all the static files into

STATIC_ROOT<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/ref/settings/#std:setting-STATIC_ROOT>
   .
   - Point your web server at
STATIC_ROOT<https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.4/ref/settings/#std:setting-STATIC_ROOT>
   .

I have arrived at the second point. But the static files are not served, i
have set up the STATIC ROOT and the STATIC_URL, but what should i add to
the template src tag to find the pages? The tutorial speaks about the
template context processor, but it doesn't exist in my setting.py file.

TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = (
    'django.core.context_processors.debug',
    'django.core.context_processors.i18n',
    'django.core.context_processors.media',
    'django.core.context_processors.static',
    'django.contrib.auth.context_processors.auth',
    'django.contrib.messages.context_processors.messages',)

i cannot make my css and javascript work, please, can you explain me what is
happening behind the interface?
Agnese