On Sunday 06 January 2013 11:49:46 AM django-users@googlegroups.com wrote:

When i set in STATIC_ROOT =
'/home/domain/www/my_proj/htdocs/static'   In apache error log i
got:   File does not exist:
/home/domain/www/my_proj/my_proj/static   I don't get, why
django don't want to take new setting...
Hi,

Check your apache virtualhost configuration. I looks like the paths are
different (ie '/home/domain/www/my_proj/htdocs/static' !=
'/home/domain/www/my_proj/my_proj/static'). Besides, did you actually create
'/home/domain/www/my_proj/htdocs/static'? Is it readable by the web server (as
per permissions)?

Best of luck!

--Ab