Hi John,

> The code in db\backends\sqlite3\base.py does this:
>
> --------
> try:
>      from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as Database
> except ImportError, e:
>      from django.core.exceptions import ImproperlyConfigured
>      raise ImproperlyConfigured, "Error loading pysqlite2 module: %s" % e
> --------
>
> It seems a little screwy for a file in a directory called "sqlite3" to
> do an import from "pysqlite2".  But that's what it does.
>
> Something's confused here with pysqlite, pysqlite2, pysqlite3... I've
> about reached my time limit on this experiment, so I'm going to revert
> to Python 2.4.  :-(

pysqlite2 has been renamed to sqlite3 in Python 2.5, which is in my
eyes the clearer naming convention. Your problem can be easily fixed,
if you would like to do it.

- I checked out the SVN Version of Django, as I wanted to switch
anyway. For this Version there is a patch available.
- And for the Django 0.95 release, I personally would go as far as
patching it for my own needs. Just change the line

from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as Database

from sqlite3 import dbapi2 as Database

For your own development environment this is more then okay in my
eyes. And I would even deploy with this small change. But this is
personal taste. :)

Best regards,
Oliver

--