On 3/04/2013 1:04am, Sells, Fred wrote:
We use django for intranet applications.  There is minimal coupling
between applications and we generally dedicate a virtual server for each
application.  Perhaps not the most efficient, but it works for our
environment.

In django 1.3 I just copied the “site” directory to the deploy location
and since the app directory was below that, it was a simple deploy.

With the revised directory structure of 1.4/1.5  I would need to copy
the project root directory to the production server when deploying.
That’s acceptable, except that I prefer to create a “docs” directory
under the project to hold any specifications, critical instructions, etc
and there is no need to deploy this, nor would I want to make it
accessible to our user base.  Also I frequently work remotely on a
wireless connection and copying unnecessary files is a pain.

Can you script the deployment? Perhaps a single command can get all the necessary bits from the repo?

Non-automated deployment used to go wrong for me more often than not. I use Buildbot now to get it right without fail every time.

Mike

It’s not that I can’t live with copying the project in its entirety, but
is there a better, more django-esque way?

Thanks,

Fred.