I upgraded from 0.8.3 I believe to 0.10.1

actually the problem was that my own installation on my dev virtualenv got
polluted not sure how.
In any case I migrated until the problematic migrations, migrate the
problematic migration with --fake and then simply ran the rest of the
migrations

so far so good

thanks anyway