On 2/07/2013 9:51pm, Larry Martell wrote:
On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 1:25 AM, Mike Dewhirst <mi...@dewhirst.com.au> wrote:
On 2/07/2013 5:07pm, Larry Martell wrote:

I need to get it from a standalone program. It's a django script, but
not invoked from a request.

import socket
def get_fully_qualified_domain_name():
      return socket.getfqdn()

That's not giving me what I want. For example on my local system it
gives me Ananke.local, but I cannot connect to my app with that. On
one of my client's systems it gives me localhost.localdomain, and I
cannot connect to their app with that either.

Ok. If you want to connect externally the domains must be in a public DNS and hosted there. You'll need to do some configuration before it will work.

Mike