On 5/08/2013 4:22am, Tundebabzy wrote:
Hi,
Is there any documentation on how django behaves during a GET
/favicon.ico? In my django 1.4.5 installation with runserver, GET
/favicon.ico redirects to /media/img/favicon; on OpenShift, it redirects
to /media/favicon.ico.

It is a static image no different than any other except that convention says it needs to be in the root of your site.

In production, Apache has /favicon.ico redirecting to where I actually keep it - which is with other static images. It really isn't a Django thing at all. I haven't even thought about trying to get Django dev server to display it. Doesn't seem worthwhile.

Same thing applies to robots.txt

My googlefu has failed me.