On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Mike Dewhirst <mi...@dewhirst.com.au>wrote:

> On 5/08/2013 4:22am, Tundebabzy wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Is there any documentation on how django behaves during a GET
>> /favicon.ico? In my django 1.4.5 installation with runserver, GET
>> /favicon.ico redirects to /media/img/favicon; on OpenShift, it redirects
>> to /media/favicon.ico.
>>

> It is a static image no different than any other except that convention
> says it needs to be in the root of your site.

Yeah I agree. I don't know if it was some kind of cache thingy but I
noticed that GET /favicon.ico kept on redirecting to /media/img/favicon.ico
on runserver. Therefore in my urls.py, I had to catch a url pattern like
r'^media/img/favicon\.ico$' then redirect it to '/static/img/favicon.ico'
because r'^favicon.ico$' would throw a 404. However after a system reboot,
GET /favicon.ico is what it is. Thanks sir.