Hi Howard,

I'm not very experience with django yet, but if you are not very familiar
with Ajax I recommend to have a look on jQuery, I also have no experience
with Ajax, that's why I work with it, I find it more friendly, and get the
things nicely done (mostly popup menus and so on). That link may help you
http://jqueryui.com/progressbar/

I hope someone can give you a better django approach, but I think the clean
one would be via Ajax.

Julio