Hi Howard,

You will want to look into Celery <http://celeryproject.org/>, which lets
you do heavy processing outside of your web requests. You can then use some
checking via Javascript to see if the work is done yet and load a new page,
or ask the user to come back later. There's a celery "app" for django that
makes certain tasks a little easier. Sorry I can't provide more details
than pointing you there right now, but I hope that helps. Someone on this
list may have some better options for you that involve less setup, but
Celery is the first thing that came to mind for me.

Also, just as an FYI, your links won't work because they point to your
local development server and can't be accessed by anyone else.
-Nick