thanks much.

Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 16:51 -0700, carlwenrich wrote:
[...]
> def admin_wslots(request):
> global venue
> global vslot
> global week
> global wslot
> global day

You *really* don't want to use globals here. There doesn't appear to be
any need and it's going to cause lots of problems (almost impossible to
reproduce bugs, for example) in a multi-threaded environment.

> try:
> wslot = get_object_or_404(WeekSlot, pk=request.POST['wslot'])
> except:
> wslots = WeekSlot.objects.filter(week=week.id)
> return render_to_response('sched/admin_vslots.html', {
> 'vslot': vslot,
> 'week': week,
> 'wslots': wslots,
> 'error_message': 'You must select a day.'
> })
> else:
> day = Day.objects.get(id=wslot.day_id)
> dslots = DaySlot.objects.filter(day=day.id)
> return render_to_response('sched/admin_wslots.html', {
> 'week': week,
> 'wslot': wslot,
> 'dslots': dslots,
> })
>
> --- Here's the form part of the template:
>

> {% for dslot in dslots %}
>
> value='{{ dslot.id }}' checked='{{ dslot.taken }}'>
>

> {% endfor %}
>

> When I go through the standard admin interface, the checkboxes show up
> correctly (2 checked, 4 unchecked).
> When I bring up the (template) form, all 6 checkboxes show up checked.

It's an HTML issue: if you specify the "checked" attribute is set to
anything for a checkbox input element, it is considered to be "on". You
need to leave off the checked attribute when dslot.taken is false.

Regards,
Malcolm