I need to use the ORM and more specifcally I want to use the models I
defined inside my Django application.

I want to avoid using a different ORM like Alchemy because then I would
have to duplicate the work I already put into my Django models - i hate
duplicating work...

Apart from that, I don't need much else (maybe the template engine for
sending emails...)

The formdesigner application should live inside the web application
structure so I can manage it the same way as I'm doing it with the web
application and have it included in the same Subversion project.

Thomas