Django's database-centric approach seems to make certain kinds of
mostly-static sites harder to build.  For example, most of what I want
to put on my site is probably going to come from RestructuredText
source, but that source isn't going to change in response to user
interaction.  Yes, I could set up a ReST_page model and store the text
in the database, but that has some real disadvantages as compared with
keeping the content in my SVN repository along with the rest of the
code, css, images, and other elements that are not going to be changed
by user interaction: it gets harder to keep track of what I've done to
the site, test changes on a beta site before they go live, etc.  I
need a clean separation between the data that is changed by
interacting with apps and data that isn't.

Yes, Django is a framework, so I could build components that make this
possible, but it seems to me that it should be a fundamental, built-in
part of the system.  Has anyone already addressed these issues?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting