> Django's database-centric approach seems to make certain kinds
> of mostly-static sites harder to build.
[cut]
> Yes, Django is a framework, so I could build components that
> make this possible, but it seems to me that it should be a
> fundamental, built-in part of the system.  Has anyone already
> addressed these issues?

Well, there's some documentation at

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/static_files/

with the lovely "big, fat warning" at the top.  I don't know how
to interpret that, as to whether it contains known flaw(s), or if
it just hasn't been audited for security, or what.

However, it looks like most of the heavy lifting has been done,
but that you might want to review the code for vulnerabilities
(and possibly contribute back any fixes).

Just my $0.02,

-tkc