On 2013-10-27, at 7:46 AM, Doug Snyder <webcoach...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have a very specific answer for your question. I just started doing
> my django dev on OSX coming from Ubuntu
> My understanding is that Home Brew is a better solution than Mac Ports, I
> have heard some people being very critical of Mac Ports which I think was
> once the best solution for python environments on OSX but I think has been
> mostly replaced by Home Brew. Switching over may solve your problem
> automatically and may make life easier down the road too. But maybe someone
> else will have a more knowledgable, specific answer to your specific problem.

I can't address any benefits of switching. But I have been using MacPorts for
some time and have had no problems.

Not sure who "some people" are wrt MacPorts but I haven't noticed complaints or
problems (or in fact, any discussion of MacPorts vs Homebrew) in the context of
Django or Postgres on the mailing list. I'm pretty sure both do this job just
fine.

hth

                     - Tom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/6EE04A48-58D9-41EF-B312-C83B0B0E5BB7%40gmail.com.