Hi, thank you for review :)

Yes this s just thing to make groups more clean and simple.

used :name as pattern from Ruby On Rails naming. Looks simple and avoid
errors.

You can combine base macro types with your names by underscope. For example

/:book_id/:product_id/:id

You will have 3 different matches in your kwargs of course.

Works with any masks and any 'deep'.

/:main_product_id/:main_news_category_id/

Try it!

This component make me happy and i would share it to everyone until
django-core team doesn't make ame way out of the box by default.

One small thing - url normalization add $ to end of patterns, this can make
problem if you make "include('project.app.urls')" via Macros Url. I know
about this, but i just propose use default django url for this. If core
team implement this as part of core, they will have context of added
view(or include) and can make choose about ending $. Macros url build like
a regex preprocessor and have not this context. Anyway includes 99% cases
are simple plain text paths and not need macro embedding into it, there can
be used django url function without any problems. For me more important to
add $ to end of real pattern url because sometimes this can be forgotten :)

Alexandr.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/13839769-4cfe-438b-9c5a-68b309040c54%40googlegroups.com.