Hi,

I started learning Django and am using "Test Driven Web Development with
Python" book.

On page 21, the book mentions to test using lists/tests.py.
The book uses the code:
$ python3 manage.py test
to run the test.

However, the manage.py file sits in the upper superlists folder and the
tests.py sits in lists folder.
I keep getting an error message saying "ImportError: No module named
lists.tests”.

Could someone help me figure this out?

My Django project directory looks like below.

superlists
  db.sqlite3
  functional_test.py
  manage.py
  lists
    __init__.py
    admin.py
    models.py
    tests.py
    views.py
  superlists
    __init__.py
    settings.py
    urls.py
    wsgi.py
__init__.py

The error message is below:

$ python manage.py test
Creating test database for alias 'default'...
ERROR: superlists.lists.tests (unittest.loader.ModuleImportFailure)
ImportError: Failed to import test module: superlists.lists.tests
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/unittest/loader.py",

line 254, in _find_tests
    module = self._get_module_from_name(name)
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/unittest/loader.py",

line 232, in _get_module_from_name
    __import__(name)
ImportError: No module named lists.tests

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/1de8f6df-9876-42fa-a89f-153a320328e4%40googlegroups.com.