Find out which versions you are using

$ python --version
Python 2.7.6

$ django-admin.py version
1.4.10

Try importing the lists app from the shell

$ python manage.py shell

Python 2.7.6 (default, Jan 13 2014, 04:26:18)
(InteractiveConsole)
>>> import lists
>>> lists.__file__
'/users/you/superlists/lists/__init__.py'
>>> from lists.tests import *

If you see all that, run the lists app explicitly by label

$ python manage.py test lists

If that doesn't work, maybe there is something weird in your manage.py
messing the paths. Paste it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/6e741dc9-c97e-413b-97f4-2f1244e5bd59%40googlegroups.com.