Hi there,

I am using a model proxy to separate model entities into two categories in
the admin (more precisely, to separate "active persons" from all persons).
The separation of whether a person model belongs to the "active" category
is based on a status field in the model.

The problem I am facing is that if I am editing an active person through
its change form (url .../activeperson/12/) and change its status so that it
is no longer active, the admin interface fails with a 404 error (logical,
because person #12 is no longer active).

The appropriate behavior in this case would be to redirect to the
non-active category (url .../person/12/).
Is this possible? How would you advise me to implement such a redirection?

(in general: could this make sense as a default behavior for proxy models
in the admin? -- try to lookup in the super (non-proxy) model before
failing with a 404?)

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/ea5bb1e9-b91d-4823-a671-131be6471cc8%40googlegroups.com.