On 10/13/06, Nicolas Steinmetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> New to django/python, and as I work often in the train, I was interested in
> reading the djando doc offline.
>
> So I wrote my first python script that :
> * grap last version of the doc on the svn
> * generate html version of all files (via rst2html).
>
> autodoc is available here :
>
> <http://chaudron.unelectronlibre.info/wiki/AutoDoc>
>
> It may help some of you, that's why I report it here ;-)
>
> I'm open to all your remarks/comments/suggestions

Script seems to work. However: Python-docutils package (at least on my
Ubuntu Dapper) ships with buildhtml.py-script, which can be found in
/usr/share/python-docutils/ directory. That recurses through
directories converting all .txt files to .html. Recursive conversion
is default behaviour and it can be changed with a switch. That way, a
2 line command line script would do the same thing that your thing.

Though, making that one, you've propably learned something. If you
want to process your script further, I'd suggest exploring the
docutils package for generating the html with python instead of
calling command line script. Would make the solution neater. Also, the
svn has a client libraries for python too.
--
Jyrki // [EMAIL PROTECTED]