<< What WSGI server are you using in the
Heroku deployment? Can you point to the instructions you followed to
deploy your project on Heroku?>>

Simple questions with not so simple answers. I started with a Django
getting started tutorial on Heroku. It had a different look and feel than
the rest of Heroku, and it included a sample application called 'getting
started'. However, that page has now been completely rewritten to look like
all the other Heroku pages, and it no longer includes the tutorial or the
getting started project:
https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/getting-started-with-django#django-settings
.

This project used get_wsgi_application from django.core and Cling.

I suspect the reason it's gone now is that there is now an 'official'
Django template for getting started on Heroku. It uses whitenoise instead
of dj-static and Cling but still has django.core.

Anyway, I adjusted my project to suit these new requirements, then tried
adding my pre-existing project which works just fine on my home machine
(Windows 8.1), and when that didn't behave as expected is when I came here
to post. Since then I have gone ahead and imported my database with
pgbackup. Now I understood that this would be 'destructive', but I assumed
that meant it would destroy my database, not wipe my models.py too - but
that's what it did. Now what I don't get is, if it was so destructive, why
is the 'getting started' project now BACK in my Heroku site, (I had deleted
it in the first place, and why wasn't it wiped out too in the second
place?) and when I run git status or migrate, they both say there are no
changes to update, even though my pre-existing models.py is still sitting
there on my local dev. I don't get that at all.

Your wisdom and insights will be greatly appreciated.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/CAKd6oBwbQN%2B%2B_ahd-yZTUTfkqNv6Nm85wPpcN7c_GuWYkg6snw%40mail.gmail.com.