also sprach Russell Keith-Magee <russ...@keith-magee.com> [2014-11-25 01:16
+0100]:
> Sure - that could work too. Although I'd question why you'd do
> this, rather than just checking out the relevant hash onto the
> filesystem, and doing a direct filesystem read.

Yeah, and I think you have me 99.5% convinced that I want
a filesystem backend.

> And if you're going to be even more ruthless about it, I'd be
> questioning why you've got a live Django server in the loop at all
> - if it's static files, "post processed", then why not pre-render
> the Github files to a "rendered" form (possibly in response to
> a commit trigger), and simply serve the pre-rendered files as
> static content.

Because the static content is used inside dynamic apps, and certain
parts of the website would be offered instead by apps and not static
files at all. As I said in my initial e-mail, we currently have
a Django app with Apache-level overrides of certain static pages
that are trying hard to look just like and integrate well with the
output Django renders and this is ugly.

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

normaliser unix c'est comme pasteuriser le camembert.

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/20141125054104.GA5859%40fishbowl.rw.madduck.net.