Hi

Couldn't resist and did a quick test. The original tests I did were with
MySQLdb, and I just reran the tests with MySQL Connector/Python and mysqlclient
(assuming that django prioritizes mysqlclient over MySQLdb if both are
installed).

If I make a request, then sleep for more than the mysql timeout, and then make
another request I get an error regardless of what CONN_MAX_AGE is set to, even
if it is commented out of the DATABASES dictionary.

I need to ping() the connection not to get an error. This suggests that this is
django related and not in the driver.

That being said I am very curious how your test turns out.

François

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/15818388-6D37-4760-A216-622EB0A68495%40gmail.com.