I have a django view (django v. 1.7 ; python v. 2.7.8) which currently and
successfully sends a request to an api, and receives a good response back.
I'm sending and receiving using the 'requests' library (v. 2.4.3). Now in
addition to sending the raw response data back in an HttpResponse I would
also like to strip out some of the data and create a summary report of it,
to also send back in my HttpResponse.

I can see the good response data from the request in my command prompt
window, and it contains a list of items inside of the object to which I've
assigned the response data. So my question is how do I get at the list of
items that has been returned back to me as well as all of the data
(key/value pairs) contained in each list item?

I'm sure there must be some kind of conversion process that I have to run
the raw response data through. I just haven't out what it is yet.

I've never tried to do this before, from within a django view. If I were
trying to do this on the client side I would use something like this:

                      mydata = jQuery.parseJSON(data);

to make the data accessible, but never having done anything like this
before  on the server side I haven't found anything yet that's been useful
or has worked.

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer, while I continue to search
for an answer.

Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/8f661a72-2b2f-4836-a8ee-aac687f10e13%40googlegroups.com.