On Friday, February 6, 2015 at 9:39:00 AM UTC-8, Henry Versemann wrote:

> Scot, Thanks for the reply. OK I've gotten down to the point to where I
> have my version of your json_data in your code below, but I'm not sure I
> understand exactly what your code is doing, after you have the json_data
> variable contents. In my case the first object of response data that I'm
> trying to use is a list of two items, with each item containing multiple
> keys and internal or sub objects within them.

Once your data comes back from the API and has been converted to python
data structures, it's up to you to parse and extract from it what you need
- every situation is different. All you need to know is that you access
list items by their index, and dictionary items by quoted key name. So if I
assign the response object you show here to a variable "data", I can do the
following:

print(data[0]['parameters'])
print(data[0]['parameters']['extra_text'])
print(data[1]['attachment']['display_name'])

and the result is:

{u'enrollment_term_id': u'', u'extra_text': u'Term: All Terms;'}
Term: All Terms;
grade_export_csv_22_Oct_2013_2_27551-0.csv

Hope this helps!

./s

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/428cc652-220e-44d8-8818-33725c0b141f%40googlegroups.com.