In my case, since I had a bunch of modules inside the settings package, I
had to be careful and configure the Django support for PyCharm where the
actual static settings are placed, i.e. *common.py* for my setup.

|-- settings
|   |-- __init__.py
|   |-- codeship.py
|   |-- common.py
|   |-- heroku.py
|   |-- vagrant.py

I hope it will be helpful for somebody, I just burned one hour of
frustration going through all the obvious settings that were right.
See attached.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/75b80f4c-7c60-40f6-bcfa-6a71c2f7fd07%40googlegroups.com.