Hello,

I want to add just a one field to my model, and this field participates in
user representation ( I use monkeypatch to change __str__).

Django manual tells me to create profile with one-to-one relation in this
case. Well, it may work. But if I have <select> with 250 users, I face 250
"SELECT" queries to my db (N+1). I need to tell "UserManager" somehow to
use "select_related". But how can I do that with out of new ugly
monkeypatching?
Does there is an official (recommended) way to do that? If no, how  can I
use one-to-one user profile if I have "list of users" webpage with out of
N+1? How to add one field to user model not extending it?

I am really unhappy with idea of using custom user model.
Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/5bdd87b6-9cc6-4490-8b85-d25ecfe8ed16%40googlegroups.com.