Hello.

> I am not aware of a good solution to this problem other than manually
> adding the .select_related() to your query on the list-of-users page.

Oh :((

> > I am really unhappy with idea of using custom user model.
>
> Why?
>
> If it's because this is an existing project and the prospect of
> migrating your existing data to a custom user model is daunting, I
> totally understand that. It's doable, but hard.

Yes, this project already deployed and has some data. Sure I can solve
this, but I feel that changing user model will make my app less reusable.

But I will probably stay with new model. There is something wrong with
Django in this area. There should be some easy and elegant way to add one
field to auth_user. I wonder why Django developers do not care about it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-users/ee9e0497-f939-47b9-87cc-df1ee70f1373%40googlegroups.com.