Great.

Thanks for the feedback :)

On 06/15/2015 02:18 PM, Cherie Pun wrote:
Hi,

So the original problem was that I was running in the repo which didn't have the squashed migration. Django does know when to switch to the squashed migrations when you have both squashed and unsquashed migration files coexist in the folder. As for the syntax error it was because python cannot import from modules that starts with numbers. Also, the idea was that we shouldn't use the migration files as modules to import code from, that's why the file name stayed as it was. Users should manually move their RunPython methods manually and resolve those invalid references to migration files.

Hope this helps and sorry for confusing people that squash migration doesn't work! I am still new to Python and Django and I really appreciate everyone's replies.

Cheers,
Cherie